Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yummy Fish Tacos

I don't know about you, but whenever I've had fish tacos in a restaurant, they pretty much brought me a taco shell with a huge chunk of fish, a little sauce, and lettuce. I decided to make them myself at home and came up with this recipe. It is one of my family's favorites, even my kids who don't like much of anything lol. The part I like best about this recipe is that the fish is in small flaky pieces, instead of huge chunks.

~Ingredients~
*1 pound of fish (I like to use Cod)
*Olive Oil
*Garlic powder
*Pepper
*Salt
*Corn Tortillas
*Coleslaw Mix (without the sauce!)
*Tartar Sauce
*Cumin

Mix coleslaw with tartar sauce, use enough tartar sauce that it is all covered, but not dripping. Season with about 1/2 teaspoon cumin, mix well and set aside, going back to stir occasionally.
Heat olive oil and add fish fillets, not adding seasonings yet. As it cooks it will start to flake, use your spatula to break it up as it does. As it's breaking into smaller pieces, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Keep cooking until cooked through, I like to cook it a bit longer and let some edges of fish brown a bit.
Heat tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds or so, one or two at a time. Spoon fish onto tortillas (a little goes a long way!). Top with coleslaw mixture and enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment